Re: [Linux-aus] Can Linux Australia survive?

On  4 Jul 2005, Martin Pool <mbp@sourcefrog.net> wrote:

> Perhaps there can
> be more transparency[*] next year about what cities have bid, and
> which was selected and why?

Specifically, perhaps we could propose this plan:

1. Call for proposals to host LCA; proposals should describe the bid
   team, the proposed venue and host city, and any arrangements
   already made (e.g. provisional venue booking.)

2. Publish these proposals on the LA web site or list; call for
   comments from the community.

3. LA committee chooses and announces a host city; perhaps comments on
   why that host was chosen.

I realize this is basically what already happens behind the curtains,
but I think publishing it may reassure the community.  It may also
encourage more proposals in future years.

--
Martin