[Linux-aus] Re: A/V recordings and publishing

    Ryan> Also, definitely agree regarding the whole marking out
    Ryan> active floor space part; it definitely makes recording far
    Ryan> more predictable, but I'm not sure if you're actually
    Ryan> suggesting you should instead just have the one zoom
    Ryan> covering the speaker & full side at all times.

If the speaker briefly walks of the screen and then walks back on
again in several seconds, I don't mind that much. Try to minimise it
happening by all means, but if it does happen it doesn't always mean
the camera needs to be immediately repositioned.

It does annoy me though when the camera constantly pans so that the
constantly walking (lost?) speaker is always in the centre of the
screen - this sort of precision is not required and is distracting. A
still camera with a moving subject highlights the fact the subject is
moving, and is better IMHO.
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>