[Linux-aus] Re: A/V recordings and publishing

    Ken> With a speaker that is used to repeating questions this works
    Ken> well, but many speakers have not yet learnt this, maybe
    Ken> prompting would help, but in small theatres where all people
    Ken> can hear the floor question it is counter intuitive to repeat
    Ken> the question for the recording.

It also doesn't help for the recording if the speaker does not
consider it worth repeating what somebody said.

For example, watching one recording, somebody mentioned something, and
then everybody starts laughing - it wasn't a question as such so it
wasn't repeated - but these leaves people watching the video wondering
what the excitement was about.

Sure, passing the microphone may not always help either, but sitting
in the audience I did notice there were times when it did help -
e.g. any time somebody was willing to wait for the microphone to make
a point that wasn't really a question or a point the speaker didn't
want to repeat.

It would also be of interest to know who is asking the question,
especially if it is a well known person.
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>