Re: [Linux-aus] linux.conf.au Possible *Future* Programme Format

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> If we embrace the 'next step' of the changes we made this year, based on
> Kylie's excellent suggestion, it's just another minor modification to the
> construction of the programme. Three or four "main conference" streams over
> five days competing with tutorials and miniconfs ("community organised
> streams") on each day.

This sounds a good idea, the only worry I might have is that the more
streams there are the more likely things are to clash. In theory this
isn't so bad if everything is recorded but recording doesn't seem to have
worked out very well in practice.

I note that Saturday seems to no longer be a "live" day in Conference,
perhaps this could come back in future?

--
Simon J. Lyall  |  Very Busy  |  Web: http://www.darkmere.gen.nz/
"To stay awake all night adds a day to your life" - Stilgar | eMT.