[Linux-aus] No intent to change name of "Linux Australia"

Marcus Herstik marcus at herstik.com
Sun Oct 16 20:28:31 AEDT 2022

Hi Jonathan,

Just an FYI as our president advised people to read the rules so I did.

I wasn't talking about whether it could be held online but rather the time when it must be held.
Part of the query is because there is a conference that is in mid March and as you pointed out usually the AGM is held around the conference.

My reason is because the constitution states it must be held within 6 months of end of financial year. (See section 23.1.a)
As our constitution is a little out of date it states extensions are requested from the Director-General of the Department of Services, Technology and Administration, which no longer exists.
Luckily we can consult the Regulations, which states to look at the Act, section 37(2)(b) which says the secretary of numerous departments.
The constitution may need to be updated to reflect the correct Act and remove the date of the regulations and instead just refer to them.

Our association’s FY ends on 30 Sept as stated in s43. (As pointed out already).

Therefore if was due to be held after the conference it needed to be very soon as it needs to be before 31 March.

Regards,
Marcus Herstik

M: 0405-569-466
A: P.O. Box 2443, Burleigh Waters, QLD, 4220