[Linux-aus] Request for creation of "Video Recording and Streaming" subcommittee

Joshua Hesketh josh at nitrotech.org
Thu Mar 21 00:04:29 EST 2013

Howdy,

All this idea and all of the discussion around it is really excellent.
Thanks for taking the initiative on this Tim.

The council will be sure to discuss it next week at out meeting.

In the mean time, some quick thoughts that I've had.
 - I agree that smaller teams allow for effective decision making but
how will a smaller team take onboard the input from the wider community
(we've already seen hands go up from lugs and previous organisers).
 - This leads to do you propose a leader for the subcommittee? Somebody
responsible for making things happen.
 - What resources do you need for this initially. Primarily I'm
imagining a mailing list and some compute power until you put in a grant
request for hardware?
 - What are the initial tangible outcomes. Is it primarily focusing
around documentation that can then be used to support other conferences?

Cheers,
Josh