[Linux-aus] Sad news: Malcolm Tredinnick

Mary Gardiner mary at puzzling.org
Wed Mar 20 16:03:19 EST 2013

I just got off a long haul flight to receive several messages from friends telling me of the death of Malcolm Tredinnick, who was my former boss at CommSecure in the mid-2000s and whom many in this community knew.

Malcolm spoke at multiple LCAs and other Australian open source events. He was a contributor in particular to GNOME and later Django.

I am very grieved to learn of his death.

Links and memorials include:
https://www.djangoproject.com/weblog/2013/mar/19/goodbye-malcolm/

http://storify.com/adrianholovaty/malcolm-tredinnick-memorial

http://lwn.net/Articles/543456/