Re: [Linux-aus] [Fwd: [Osia-discuss] IDG World Expo and AES Launch LinuxWorld Conference & Expo in Australia]

On Wednesday 27 April 2005 19:05, Del wrote:
> I doubt that IDG are targeting the same sort of market that LCA is,
> but there's no reason to expect that there wouldn't be technical
> tracks in this.  And they are almost certainly targeting a larger
> audience than LCA 2004 or 2005.

I see the danger here not in LW replacing LCA, but in PHBs who might
otherwise channel sponsorship for LCA *thinking* of it as a replacement.

In terms of the event itself, I think it gives the suits a chance to look
involved while we get on with the real conference elsewhere. (-:

Cheers; Leon