Re: [Linux-aus] [Fwd: [Osia-discuss] IDG World Expo and AES Launch LinuxWorld Conference & Expo in Australia]

On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 06:57 +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:

> I see the danger here not in LW replacing LCA, but in PHBs who might
> otherwise channel sponsorship for LCA *thinking* of it as a replacement.
>
> In terms of the event itself, I think it gives the suits a chance to look
> involved while we get on with the real conference elsewhere. (-:

Good point Leon.

I'm meeting with IDG next week to talk about their plans for LinuxWorld,
so if there are any specific questions or concerns people may have about
LW and how it relates to LCA etc please let me know ASAP so I can raise
them at the meeting.

Cheers   :-)

Jonathan Oxer