[Video] Willingness to pay the proper people

Tim Ansell mithro at mithis.com
Tue Jun 18 14:59:22 EST 2013

> Generally, I agree.  But in my opinion the LCA 2010 experience shows why
> video is not something to just hand to another company and hope for the
> best.  I know Next Day Video have done LCA and PyCon and other conferences,
> but I - and other people in the LCA and LA committees at the time -
> believed that we were starting to lose the ability to work without them  I
> don't want to lump Ryan and Carl into the same bucket as proprietary
> companies, and I know they're not aiming to prevent others from doing the
> job, but I personally feel that that kind of dependency is a bad thing.

I agree getting locked into one company is a sucky situation, but at the
moment I don't see any other alternative?

Video is too important to use as a experiment, specially with the biggest
and most important conference. IE Learning while doing a 1 day, 2 stream
event like Wordcamp seems like a better idea?

Tim