[LC++]Making diffs

Carlo Wood carlo at alinoe.com
Sat Sep 6 23:09:01 UTC 2003

On Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 04:32:28PM +0200, Peter Poulsen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have downloaded this program from the cvs and made some changes to
> it. Now, I would like to send my changes back to the owner and I cannot
> use the cvs as I don't have access. The obvious thing to do is make a

If you used CVS to download it, then you can also
use cvs to make a diff:

cvs diff

Note that I use usually this ~/.cvsrc

# cat ~/.cvsrc
cvs -z6
diff -udp
update -dP

If you used anonymous cvs from sourceforce, then the
cvs command might fail often, just rety often (once every
2 seconds) till it succeeds.  This is because their server
is overloaded.

--
Carlo Wood <carlo at alinoe.com>