[LC++]global variable problem fixed, but doc-question

Jean-Daniel Pauget jd at disjunkt.com
Wed May 21 17:54:01 UTC 2003

On Wed, 21 May 2003, Julien Claassen wrote:

>   Where can I get a good docu for libstdc++? I'm looking for an offline docu
> describing all the classes and methods. Something like the glibc-html
> documentation, which comes with the glibc, if you use an rpm-based system it's
> in the corresponding glibc-xxx.rpm.
>   Does anyone know of such a fine documentation for c++?
>   Thanks for any help!
>   Kindest regards
>          Julien

I use mainly two publicly available documentation sources :

- the STL manual at SGI
  http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/table_of_contents.html

  I cross compare with the doxygen generated doc at gnu matching my gcc
  snapshot :
  http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/libstdc++-html-USERS-3.2.1/index.html

- and for the io library I use a local copy of the old documentation from gnu
  that you can still find mirrored here and there with google by looking for
  "Reference Manual for libio", it will lead you to places such as :
  http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/libstdc++/iostream_toc.html

  the debian distribution ships the STL doc from sgi with the package named
  'stl-manual', I don't know for other distributions.

At last, not a reference book but rather for a general presentation and a
collection of tips there is "thinking in C++" by Bruce Eckel available here :
  http://www.mindview.net/Books/TICPP/ThinkingInCPP2e.html

--
Quand les plombs pêtent : « Ðïsjüñ£t.¢€× »