[LC++]Sun RPC on Linux ...

Sandro Santos Andrade sandro.andrade at sixbell.com.br
Wed May 21 20:14:02 UTC 2003

    Hi all,

    I'm writing a simple networked tic-tac-toe game based on Sun RPC, but I
have experienced some troubles
in Linux environment. I think the 'clnt_create' system call doesn't contacts
the portmap hosted by the machine
specified by 'host' argument, but always the local portmap.
    The scene is: I have two tic-tac-toe games on different machines where
one works as a RPC server for each other.
But when one side tries to call 'clnt_create' I receive an 'Not registered
program' error message, but on other side, I see
the service registration with a correct prognum. On Solaris 'clnt_create'
works fine.

    Any suggests ?

    Thanks in advance,

    Sandro