[LA-Policies] Diversity / Social Inclusion Policy

Matthew Lye matthew.lye at ubuntu.com
Sun Nov 8 12:36:18 AEDT 2015

 Considering the potential value in using old computing and Linux to
support and educate communities that don't have good resources and the
prevalence of of those communities in predominately indigenous area I think
going further an actually setting up a fund for getting indigenous people
to linux.conf.au is an idea that should be considered.

Encouraging social diversity and inclusion should be something the Linux
community should always be doing regardless of the indigenous issue.

-Matthew Lye

 Leadership is responsibility, not privilege, Action, not position,
Guidance, not knowledge, and outcome, not disposition.

"Speech is conveniently located midway between thought and action, where it
often substitutes for both." - John Andrew Holmes