[LA-Policies] Acknowledgement of / Welcome to country outcome

Josh Stewart josh at linux.org.au
Sat Nov 21 16:27:30 AEDT 2015

Hi All,

At this weekends council face to face, the question of whether to create a
new policy around acknowledgements of and welcomes to country was discussed
at length amongst the committee. There are many sides to this question and
the council appreciates the feedback from Linux Australia members on this
list around how to approach this.

After much debate about the merits of each approach, council has decided
not to create a policy that would require subcommittees to have this as
part of their events. We have moved a motion that each subcommittee should
be strongly encouraged consider how this will work best for their event,
but do not believe mandating a single approach to this is the best way
forward.

Again, we thank everyone that participated in this discussion.

Josh Stewart
Linux Australia Vice President