[PHPwestoz] [OT] MySQL UNIQUE INDEX

Mike Fewings mikework at strikeone.com.au
Mon Feb 21 13:53:02 UTC 2005

Tim,

Can't describe it better than this short article.
http://www.rundom.com/karim2k/archives/000050.html.

Cheers
Mike

Timothy White wrote:

> Mike Fewings wrote:
>
>> Timothy,
>>
>> If you are wanting to place a limit on the text column, try VARCHAR
>> and limit that.
>

> What's the difference between VARCHAR and TEXT? I got it to work using
> Mark's suggestion as I had already created the table without the key and
> just added (using mysql-navigator and customising the query) the Unique
> index later.
>
> Tim
>
> --
> Tim White - Use the Fox, Luke!
> PGP/GPG id: 602E944D, Pub Key Serv: subkeys.pgp.net
> Fingerprint: 04C2 9682 B7B2 3006 009D  A9F3 067E EDCD 602E 944D
> Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me
> spread!
> --

NOTE: This email contains information which may be confidential or privileged. Its contents remain the property of Mr Michael Fewings. The information is intended solely for the use of the recipient (or legal entity) named above. If you are not the intended recipient and/or purport to be the intended recipient you must not read, use or disseminate the enclosed information. The content and email itself are subject to intellectual property rights and copyrights. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify Mr Michael Fewings by electronic mail immediately. Any opinions expressed are those of the author, not those of any other party. This email does not constitute either offer or acceptance of any contractually binding agreement. Such offer or acceptance must be communicated in writing through other channels.