[Media] LCA 2020 announcements

Miles Goodhew mgoodhew at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 16:16:29 AEST 2019

Hi all,
  It's nearly time for another LA phone hookup, so I think I better make
good on the things I said I'd do on the last one. Specifically LCA 2020
call for (session/miniconf) proposals announcements. We discussed sending
announcements to some of the other email lists ("linux-aus" and "announce")
and possibly sending reminders out.
  I believe we've got 2 weeks left in the CFP period, so I think it would
be worthwhile scheduling a few reminders to help give a bit of a giddyup to
any fence-sitters or people who've had it on the back burner.
  I don't know how list-announcements get emitted, but I imagine _someone_
here does. I think it's be worthwhile sending out one now, then next
weekend, then possibly in the couple of days before the close.
  As for using the other lists: I reckon it'd be worthwhile sending out a
single announcement on each that points the readers to the "lca-announce"
list for better info.

Thoughts?

How does one get a list announcement out?

Thanks,

M0les.

--
Miles Goodhew,