[Media] LCA 2020 announcements

Kathy Reid kathy at kathyreid.id.au
Sun Jul 14 19:14:01 AEST 2019

Hi Miles,

Usually what happens here is that the LCA team has a specific team
member dedicated to marketing and communications. That person would work
on a communications plan, which identifies the channel that the comms
need to go out on, when, and creates the copy and associated artefacts
(images, videos used on social media etc).

Part of that plan usually includes posting announcements to linux-aus
(and lca-announce for LCA).

Once the announcements are posted, the moderators (I'm not sure who they
are off the top of my head) will approve the posts.

The next action here is for the LCA2020 Media & Comms person to draft
the announcements and send them to linux-aus and to lca-announce lists,
and for the relevant people to approve the posts.

Kind regards,

Kathy