[Lugcomms] RDP revival; return of the return of the revival... or something.

Mary Gardiner mary at puzzling.org
Mon Feb 2 13:45:51 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 02, 2009, Peter Lieverdink wrote:
> With the new LCA being in New Zealand, I don't think there's a better
> time to revive the RDP.  There will be some people who won't be able
> to afford the flights, and with a chunk of the LA grants money going
> unspent last year I think that if a sponsor isn't found for the RDP,
> LA itself might be able to fund some places.

There is a discussion in the Wellington bid document of having a
Australasian Pacific Delegates Programme specifically targeted to be
their equivalent of the Regional Delegates Programme. I am not clear on
whether including AU/NZ delegates is a priority for this programme, or
only countries outside of lca's normal catchment.

-Mary