[LCP]my queries

David Spencer david.w.spencer at oracle.com
Tue Jan 6 22:49:02 UTC 2004

There are several questions you will need to address on a conceptual
level before you can start looking at code.

You will need to determine how you calculate load on each machine.  Are
you just going to assign tasks to the next machine in the list, or have
a more complex way of determining which is the least busy?

How to launch a process on a remote host: basically, you can't, but how
difficult this is to solve depends on what software you have installed.
The problem can be reduced to "how to send commands to a machine", "how
to listen for commands" and "how to launch a process locally", then you
need a daemon to do the last two, if that is already installed the
solution is trivial; if not you will need to write one.  I don't know
what a "Rhwo server" is, perhaps this is some sort of package that
includes functionality like that.  If so you need to consider RTFM.

Dave.