[Linux-aus] candidate nominations systems broken on website for elections

Joel Addison joel at addison.net.au
Thu Jan 12 09:44:39 AEDT 2023

Hi Dwight,

As was explained by Clinton in other correspondence, the Accept button will appear once you have two or more nominations (ie. a nomination and a second). This will appear towards the top of the page, in a similar position as the original Nominate button that allows you to nominate yourself for any position.

From what I can tell, your nominated yourself for a position, and had a second, but you did not click the Accept button prior to the nomination period closing, meaning your nomination does not appear in the election for voting.

We can look at producing a guide with screenshots for future elections if that would make it clearer. There might be user interface changes that we could make also.

Regards,
Joel