[Linux-aus] candidate nominations systems broken on website for elections

Dwight Walker dwight at wwwalker.com.au
Thu Jan 12 11:14:32 AEDT 2023

Craig

It was on 7/1/23 at about 8pm Brisbane time so before deadline at 10:59pm
Brisbane time.

I had a 15" monitor then so had to zoom to 90% to see all the nav bar
buttons horizontally on linux.org.au site after this happened but it was
too late.

Button for accept nomination may have been below fold. I will have to wait
till next January to test it again.

Yesterday I bought 24" monitor so I can see all the site as most sites are
now designed for 24" not 15" monitors.

Dwight Walker

On Thu, January 12, 2023 08:40, Craige McWhirter via linux-aus wrote:
> Hi Dwight,
>
> Nominations closed on the 7th - when were you attempting these
> nominations?
> It's entirely possible that the problems you were seeing are a result of
> error
> handling around a closed nomination period?
>
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2023 at 21:49:58 +1000, Dwight Walker via linux-aus wrote:
>> On website under members area | elections person tried to enter
>> nomination
>> for position and get seconder but it then wanted them to nominate again.
>>
>> Nomination did not go through.
>>
>> System is broken. It needs fixing at least by next year when election is
>> due again.
>>
>> There needs to be a simple manual for nominations with screen dumps on
>> website so procedure is followed OK.
>>
>> Here is quote re nomination:
>>
>> "If you wish to nominate yourself, identify the positions you wish to
>> nominate for and get an understanding of what each position involves.
>> Think about what you might bring to the role and prepare a short pitch.
>> Then, accept the nomination you've been given by clicking the 'Accept
>> nomination' link.
>> *You must accept your nomination to move to the next stage of the
>> election process*"
>>
>> All there was was 'NOMINATE' button requiring person nominated to fill
>> in
>> what had been entered for nomination again which was not done.
>>
>> There was no Accept nomination link emailed to nominee or on the Website
>> next to their name on position's area.
>>
>> There was no Accept nomination link the day before closing of
>> nominations.
>>
>> There was no confirmation to nominator re why nomination failed just no
>> nomination and candidate status: pending.
>
> --
> Craige McWhirter
> Signal: +61 4685 91819
> Matrix: @craige:mcwhirter.io