[Linux-aus] Notice of Linux Australia 2023 Annual General Meeting (AGM)

Jonathan Woithe jwoithe at just42.net
Wed Jan 11 10:50:00 AEDT 2023

On Wed, Jan 11, 2023 at 10:20:54AM +1100, Sae Ra Germaine via linux-aus wrote:
> Apologies I have to clarify, there isn't anything formalised in the way of
> a constitutional review, but given the recent discussions on the mailing
> list it may be prudent to do so ...

To further clarify (I hope) and as has been mentioned in connection with
earlier discussions on list, council has recognised the need to review the
constitution in line with changes to the NSW model constitution on which the
LA constitution is based.  As a result, the current Council has flagged such
a review to be done by the incoming 2023 Council.  Since a review is
necessary, it makes sense to consider other points raised by the community
at the same time.  Thus the points raised in the previous mailing list
discussions that Sae Ra referred to have been noted for consideration.
Craige's title renaming proposal could also be included (subject to the
conditions outlined in his motion).

To summarise: while a consitution review is not yet formalised, it is a
task the current Council has flagged for the 2023 Council.  I therefore
expect it to happen.

Regards
  jonathan