[Linux-aus] Notice of Linux Australia 2023 Annual General Meeting (AGM)

Craige McWhirter craige at mcwhirter.com.au
Wed Jan 11 10:54:50 AEDT 2023

On Wed, Jan 11, 2023 at 10:20:54 +1100, Sae Ra Germaine wrote:
>    Hi Craige,

Hi Sae Ra :-)

>    Apologies I have to clarify, there isn't anything formalised in the
>    way of a constitutional review, but given the recent discussions on
>    the mailing list it may be prudent to do so and I would suspect that
>    others may be thinking the same way. Because changes to the
>    constitution requires more thought (and more notice before an AGM) I
>    was suggesting that a review of any changes to the constitution
>    happen after this one as we are running out of time.

Thank you for the clarification but even without a formal consitutional review
in place / progress I'm much happier with where this motion has ended up,
which was improved by your input.

It leaves time and space for thought and consideration which will result in
community direction to either pursue the change or drop the suggestion.

I've been sitting on my personal opinion that we ought to change the titles for
over a decade, so there's no rush from my perspective, it just seemed time to
see how others felt.

Time to let the idea breath and see where it goes :-)

--
Craige McWhirter
Signal: +61 4685 91819
Mastodon: @craige at mcwhirter.io