[Linux-aus] Notice of Linux Australia 2023 Annual General Meeting (AGM)

Craige McWhirter craige at mcwhirter.com.au
Tue Jan 10 16:00:20 AEDT 2023

Hi Kathy

On Tue, Jan 10, 2023 at 14:59:40 +1100, Kathy Reid via linux-aus wrote:
> No.

Thank you for your response but my email was adressed to the incoming committee
for their consideration.

> Holding professional events outside of business hours makes it difficult for
> people who have caring requirements - who are often women - to attend those
> events. This is often a barrier to participation for people becoming
> involved in organisations, for networking, and for professional development.

Saturday at 14:30 _is_ already outside business hours and I'm unavailable due to
caring responsobilities myself. It is far easier to shift my meal preparation
by cooking the day prior and re-heating for example, than to shift physical
care requirements.

As a carer now for 25 years, I have a little experience in the field but I
welcome your fresh insights.