[Linux-aus] What to buy?

Bob Hepple bob.hepple at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 18:59:41 AEST 2022

> replacement four-channel receiver

I use a reconditioned Silicon Dust HD HomeRun HDHR5-4DT tuner - it's
external to the MythTV server, sitting on the ethernet and available to
every device in the house. Works just fine. US$174 from
https://silicondust.com or
https://shop.silicondust.com/shop/?_ga=2.173968547.1060963532.1663750576-968786414.1663750576

As for the server itself, I generally buy a reconditioned desktop from
https://www.australiancomputertraders.com.au/ - the Dells and HPs are
pretty quiet. I usually get 3+ years life out of them for less than A$200

Good luck!