[Linux-aus] LUV needs volunteers

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Sat Jul 9 21:54:10 AEST 2022

On Friday, 8 July 2022 16:42:02 AEST hd via linux-aus wrote:
> How many emails go into the presidents mailbox? (ie ham)
> If all that is required is basic sorting and forwarding I could make
> some time every couple of days to do this.
> I have little knowledge of the workings of LUV, so will not be
> replying to email, but deleting spam and forwarding outstanding bills to
> the treasurer and other email to respective committee members does not
> sound impossible...

There's only 2-3 messages per day, most of which are from the web form and
therefore identifying spam from ham isn't as easy as with most mail (the
subject and sender aren't relevant).  But generally mail isn't urgent, you
could check it once a week.

Most mail that isn't spam is questions about how to join LUV (give them the
list subscription details) or simple Linux questions (you can answer any that
you can and point them to a list for anything more difficult).

Nothing really difficult, just has to be done consistently.