[Linux-aus] PyconAU financial assistance closes this Friday 30th | GovHack Gold sponsor | WordCamp Brisbane | linux.conf.au news

Linux Australia President president at linux.org.au
Thu Jun 29 10:18:12 AEST 2017

Hi everyone,

Super quick email from Council today - we'll write a longer / more
informative one when we get some breathing space - but some key pieces
to keep front of mind;

        PyconAU Financial Assistance and Outreach

Tomorrow is the last day to apply! If you would like to and haven't stop
reading this and apply now :-)

https://2017.pycon-au.org/about/fin_assist/

        GovHack Gold Sponsorship

Although we're not auspicing GovHack this year, Linux Australia is being
recognised as a Gold Sponsor for our contributions. If you haven't
signed up yet for GovHack and want to, there's still time. GovHack is on
28-30 July in one of dozens of cities (and towns!) near you, follow on
Twitter @GovHackAU or #govhack

http://govhack.org

        Tix are available for WordCamp Brisvegas^H^H^H^Brisbane

<3 WordPress? Me too. Freezing your bits off in the southern states? Me
too! Get to Brisbane and get your WordPress on.

https://2017.brisbane.wordcamp.org/

        linux.conf.au CfP is about to open

Get your talk proposals ready, the CfP machine is coming at'cha! Follow
on #lcapapers, #lca2018 and @linuxconfau on Twitter

https://linux.conf.au

        Can I run linux.conf.au in my city?

Yes you can! Expressions of interest will open in the next few weeks,
and we have two cities already with an informal interest indicated. Much
competition. So awesome. Many LCA. Wow :-)

        VALA Tech Camp  (we're a sponsor)

Applications extended to 5th July. Know someone who's GLAM? Not that
type, but that's awesome too. We're talking Galleries, Libraries and
Museums. Know someone in this space who wants to level up in tech? Let
them know about VALA Tech Camp.

https://portal.vala.org.au/page-18093

Best, K.

--