[Linux-aus] Workshop: Join us to build your own encrypted chat server!

Gabor Szathmari gabor at cryptoaustralia.org.au
Wed Jun 28 17:00:09 AEST 2017

Dear all,

Please allow me to invite you to the next CryptoAUSTRALIA workshop. You may have already heard about the latest proposals to ban, weaken or backdoor encryption in Australia. The aim is to allow law enforcement agencies peek into encrypted messages on the wire.

Come along to set up your self-hosted end-to-end encrypted chat server — while you can!

In this workshop, we build our own end-to-end encrypted secure group chat service based on Matrix and Riot.

Matrix is an open standard for decentralised communication and Riot allows teams to communicate across a wide range of collaboration apps.

The goal of this workshop is to teach you how to configure and run your own Matrix/Riot service. By the end of the workshop, you should be able to log into secure chat rooms with your phone and computer and invite others to the same server.

LIMITED SPACES! Due to the limited size of the venue, we limit the number of maximum attendees on this workshop. RSVP now to avoid disappointment!

Date: Wednesday, July 5, 6:00 PM
Location: Info People, Mezzanine Level, 383 Kent St, Sydney

More details and RSVP: https://www.meetup.com/CryptoAus-Sydney/events/241133562 <https://www.meetup.com/CryptoAus-Sydney/events/241133562>

Kind Regards,
Gabor & The CryptoAUSTRALIA Team