[Linux-aus] Should Linux Australia change its name to Open Source Australia?

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Mon Dec 25 12:49:16 AEDT 2017

On 24/12/2017 16:52, Mark Walkom via linux-aus wrote:

> Let me give one that's relevant to Australia and IT;
> SAGE-AU was all but dead a few years back. Long did we argue why, but the name was definitively restricting us from gaining new members. We know this because we had people actively leaving because they

I think you'll find many of them dropping out because all SAGE-AU did
was up their prices every year to levels that can not be justified for
what you get (I for one left for that reason, as did others I know),
what it is now 165 dollars LOL. But yes it has many more members today,
due to the "free" associate membership, when you turn them all into
paying 165 bucks plus a year (coz we know all it does it go up) then
maybe you can use SAGE-AU -> ITPA as a good example :)

--
Kind Regards,

Noel Butler

 		This Email, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged
information, therefore remains confidential and subject to copyright
protected under international law. You may not disseminate, discuss, or
reveal, any part, to anyone, without the authors express written
authority to do so. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
the sender then delete all copies of this message including attachments,
immediately. Confidentiality, copyright, and legal privilege are not
waived or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery of this message. Only
PDF [1] and ODF [2] documents accepted, please do not send proprietary
formatted documents

Links:
------
[1] http://www.adobe.com/