[Linux-aus] Should Linux Australia change its name to Open Source Australia?

Craige McWhirter craige at mcwhirter.com.au
Thu Dec 21 20:56:19 AEDT 2017

On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 09:27:48 +1100, Troy Lea via linux-aus wrote:

> Would it be worthwhile for LA and OSIA to merge as one organisation?

It's a good question Troy and possibly particularly tempting with OSIA's recent
woes, from which I'm sure they'll pull through.

However, with Linux Australia being about community people and OSIA being about
business community, there should be a place for both to thrive independently
and together when appropriate as I believe the there is space for both, with
differing priorities but over lapping interests.

IMHO without both thriving, we're not succeeding as a broader community.

That's my 2c at least :-)

--
Craige