[Linux-aus] Grant Application: Promotion of FOSS in undergraduate Computer Science, Information Technology and Software Engineering degrees at the University of Newcastle

Mark Wallis mark.wallis at newcastle.edu.au
Tue Apr 4 12:43:29 AEST 2017

Hi Russell

> On 4 Apr 2017, at 12:39 pm, Russell Coker <russell at coker.com.au> wrote:
>
> No, you would provide a single source for the content that students use, as
> well as a second source for the open parts of it that others can use.

True. We can embed the content we generate into the standard student course material, but then also make essentially a ‘copy’ of what we generate also publicly available via Youtube for the videos, or a website for the other content. I’m happy to commit to that approach as it will meet student expectations of having all the content in one place, while also meeting community expectations that whatever we generate is available in an open manner.

> https://etbe.coker.com.au/2007/04/11/presentations-about-se-linux/

Thanks !

Regards,
Mark.
Dr. Mark Wallis (Associate Lecturer)

School of Electrical Engineering and Computing
Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
The University of Newcastle, Callaghan, 2308, NSW
AUSTRALIA

Webpage:
https://www.newcastle.edu.au/profile/mark-wallis