[Linux-aus] Jacob Appelbaum

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Mon Jun 20 23:33:50 AEST 2016

On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 09:33:24 PM ac wrote:
> I do not understand this thread at all, sorry, I am obviously not as
> bright as you guys and gals, so please bear with me.

You said it.

> Is this person, Jacob Appelbaum, out on bail pending a trial for sexual
> crimes and, are we saying that membership of something or speaking at
> somewhere should be suspended pending the investigation and outcome of
> these criminal charges? - If yes, I do agree with that so +1 for me

We are not discussing jailing him or imposing any other punishment.  Merely
not allowing him to use LCA as a way of finding future victims.

> Why is this discussion so convoluted and difficult to understand when
> the the ethics, morals and philosophy is so very very easy?

It really is very easy.  Keep dangerous people away from potential victims.
Don't let evil people corrupt our community, they can never ever do enough
work to make up for the contributions from people they drive away.

https://medium.com/@violetblue/but-he-does-good-work-6710df9d9029#.wdyho4sty

Read the above for more background information on this.