[Linux-aus] VPAC etc

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Mon Jun 20 19:28:51 AEST 2016

On 07/06/2016 15:07, Joshua Hesketh wrote:

> Hello Noel,
>
> As I understand it the volunteers were indeed working very hard ahead
> of
> the problem to resolve the issue. I think the news article misses some
> parts of the official notice from the council (which can be found here:
> http://lists.linux.org.au/pipermail/linux-aus/2016-April/022691.html).
>
> The team had been working on and getting ready to move to a new hosting
> facility. There was time available but due to the server mistakenly
> being taken offline things became more urgent. See the following
> extract
> from the council's email:

Josh, thats all fine, I can accept they seem to have based their time
frame on the one given to them, but in the real world when you are told
somethings coming to an end, you move immediately, its not you have to
go *in* 3 months, its you have to go *within* 3 months - ASAP, its not
like we have a complex network like the CBA or ATO which obviously cant
be moved overnight.

Hopefully lessons have been learned, and paid contracted and therefore
SLA'd, colo-ing is first on the agenda.

--
If you have the urge to reply to all rather than reply to list, you best
first read  http://members.ausics.net/qwerty/