[Linux-aus] Jacob Appelbaum

Andri Effendi fusionman133 at gmx.de
Mon Jun 20 17:25:58 AEST 2016

Hi Community,
People should not pass automatic guilt judgment regardless of what ever
rumors or claims are going around.

Accusations of sexual "miss treatment" have been floating around, but no
evidence or legal proceedings have proven that they are true.

You must prove a person's guilt in court before jumping the gun and
banning them from everything.

What do the Free Software, Free Culture, Privacy, Hacker, Digital Rights
communities stand for?

Justice?
Innocent till proven guilty?
Due Process?
Privacy?
Truth?
Facts?

or

Injustice?
Guilty till proven innocent?
Mass Suspicion without Due Process?
Distortion of Facts?
Believing anything your told without question?
When something is said 1000s of times it must be true?
Claims like this: "You have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide"
Joseph Goebbels.

What do WE stand for??

I stand for that Jacob Appelbaum is presumed innocent until Proven Guilty.

Any damaging claims that are unfounded can lead to defamation/libel law
suits and also Put an innocent persons Life in serious jeopardy.

Is banning Jacob Appelbaum from the community that he has paid a
significant price (his life) in order to be part of, without due process
is acceptable nowadays in this community?

Treating Jacob Appelbaum as guilty automatically without going through
the Legal System to prove guilt undoes everything our community
supposedly believes in.

We must seriously think of the very likely possibility that this was a
setup, as Jacob Appelbaum has been seen as a threat to the powers at be,
for a very long time because of his journalistic work, TOR Project work
and other activities.

It has been a PROVEN FACT that GCHQ has a program for psychological
manipulation and there are slides that show the tactics they use on
"targets" to ruin a persons life.

For this look at the ED SNOWDEN Documents:
https://theintercept.com/2014/02/24/jtrig-manipulation/

This is not dissimilar to what has happened.
Someone(s) has setup a blog by people purporting to be his victims.
They've contacted Colleagues, neighbors and Friends.

If this community is to stand by its own values, we must presume Jacob
Appelbaum is Innocent until Proven Guilty.

Otherwise this might as well be the spanish inquisition.

Kind Regards,
--
Andri <fusionman133 at gmx.de>

GPG fingerprint: 8438 138D ECDA 05E0 591F  F2B4 4721 0F03 AC24 DF73
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted.