[Linux-aus] VPAC etc

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Tue Jun 7 15:27:53 AEST 2016

On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 3:23 PM, David Bell <dtbell91 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Noel,
>
> You do realise that Linux Australia's Admin Team (and the Council,
> conference teams, mirror team, web team, etc) is made up of volunteers?
> Volunteers who maintain LA's infrastructure in their spare time, out of
> their own good will for no material benefit whatsoever?

I disagree, there are benefits of volunteering for Linux Australia -- a
warm fuzzy feeling; a chance to play with things that work may not be
interested in (yet); smart team mates to learn from; professional network
building; and most important of all it gives you a clear signal of who to
never ever ever hire [1].

Michael

1: By which I mean the people who interact with the team poorly, not those
inside the team.

--
Rackspace Australia