[Linux-aus] SPF problems too

ac ac at main.me
Fri Jan 15 20:52:20 AEDT 2016

On Fri, 15 Jan 2016 22:05:58 +1300
Mark Foster <blakjak at blakjak.net> wrote:
<snip>
> Suffice to say that as far as other participants of the list are
> concerned, your emails are _not_ being unduly delayed.

not sure why you are of that opinion, as the technical facts say otherwise.

It is not that my posts are delayed? It is that they are out of que
order (list receipt order) - and I have not looked at any new headers
after the 2x 6pm one's - (I am not so sure that  I care that much
anyway, I am just a visitor, not a member, not anyone - so, a nobody :)
and it does not really matter that much to me whether your list is
moderated or not, it is something that you should know though.)

why your list is moderated, is something else. i do not believe we know
the why yet and chatting about that which we cannot learn from the headers is
not useful. It is probably a custom anti spam or other
service/setting/priority/etc or some other issue
(for which you/I will need logs,access,etc - or the box admin to tell
us)

<snip>
> You seemed to be implying that you assumed you were being moderated

This is what the technical facts say, it is not an assumption. You can
look at the headers from listserv for my post you received at 6:12pm
(and 6:22pm) and then look at those of others in the middle (like
julian)

> without having had any reason presented and threatening to depart the
> group, presumably due to being unfairly targeted or victimised - thus
> malice. Perhaps that's too strong a term. Anycase it appears this
> concern is unfounded.  Steve's email was received by me at 21:14:50
> +1300 which matches the header datestamp (which is the date attached
> by the MUA).

Okay, my emails to the list are being delayed. Emails sent by others
after my send (and listserv receive) time are sent (and received)
before mine.

regarding departing/unsubscribing - please do not choose to take
offense, I have little use for a moderated list... no emotion, no
malice, no threats, just what it is... and instead of my posts taking
up scarce resources, it is better to simply leave as I cannot add
much/any value. I truly apologize if this offended you, it was
not my intent.