[Linux-aus] Tutorial on data science at LCA

Tennessee Leeuwenburg tleeuwenburg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 19:30:56 AEDT 2016

Hi all,

I am running a tutorial on data science at LCA. The chief language used
will be Python, but users of other technologies will still find the
concepts relevant. In preparation for this, I will be dusting off my slide
deck, re-running the code, and updating the content with a small amount of
new findings from the last 6 months. This is also an opportunity to focus
the content on what the LCA audience might be most interested in.

Does anyone on this list have any particular questions around data science
/ machine learning / AI which they would like to see answered?

The session is practical, with supplied code and data, and audience members
should be able to re-create the results while the session is being
presented. Are there any particular problems that people are confronted
with? I might not be able to re-work a major case study, but I should be
able to incorporate some relevant examples...

Cheers,
-T