[Linux-aus] Candidacy support statement - President

Anthony Towns aj at erisian.com.au
Mon Jan 11 18:42:55 AEDT 2016

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 04:00:10PM +1030, Michael Davies wrote:
> I know both AJ and Hugh, and they also know each other. Both are pretty
> much "Linux-greybeards", if such a term exists, as they've been around the
> place prior to linux kernel 0.99 :-)

I definitely haven't been using Linux since 0.99. I /think/ my first
version was 1.2, or maybe a late 1.1 release? At any rate I bought the
installer from the cheap CDs bin at Harvey Norman, so it was clearly
already mainstream by the time I got involved.

] Here is a list of a few of the new features that version 1.2 has,
] compared to version 1.0:
]   ...
]   * Supports more kinds of floppies, including 2.88 MB.
]   * New sound driver supports Linux DOOM
]   ...

 -- http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/2682

Cheers,
a "not that old!" j