[Linux-aus] Inflection Point - A Strategic Plan for Linux Australia

Craige McWhirter craige at mcwhirter.com.au
Tue Jan 5 15:52:20 AEDT 2016

On 05/01/16 14:38, Tennessee Leeuwenburg wrote:

> Great points. I think some of the document falls into "Strat plan /
> action targets" territory, while some is "mission and vision" stuff. I
> wonder if the scope should be tightened to "mission and vision" for the
> purposes of the approving at the AGM, with a "suggested actions" section
> to fall under the consideration of the new committee?

I think the document is a great foundation for a strategic plan but it's
nowhere near ready, contains some community flash points that as they
stand I don't expect will be accepted.

There are also many action points contained within the document that are
well within the Council's remit to act on during their term and don't
require AGM approval.

You would not want to bundle, say approval of membership management
changes with approval of suggested orgnaisation name and mission changes.

In the time frame that's being considered, it makes a great platform
statement for a candidate for whom all those items ring as true.

However as a strategic plan, it needs much more development and I think
some issues will need more community consultation to be accepted.

--
Craige McWhirter
M: +61 4685 91819