[Linux-aus] Spam :: Linux Device

Matthew Cengia mattcen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 16:01:27 AEST 2016

On 2016-04-26 07:49, ac wrote:

> Chris,
>
> Why do you insist that I address your/my/anyone's  concerns in public?

Because this is a community-driven organisation, so it benefits everyone
here to read your responses to Chris' queries, since they are pertinent
to whether or not we consider you proposed solution viable.

Transparency in this sort of scenario is a good thing, and these sorts
of discussions should not happen behind closed doors. If they are, then
I'm skeptical as to why that needs to be the case: what is there to
hide?

[...]
> Why is it relevant or why does it matter what open source projects I
> personally have contributed to?
[...]

For my own part, I would want this information to determine some level
of credibility. From where I sit, you have given a textual and unclear
technical description of your solution, and little else, then seem to
expect us to accept a black-box system whose internal workings we can't
verify for ourselves by viewing the source code or similar, and asking
us to trust that system enough to send information about our email into
it, not knowing whether that information will be going anywhere else.

For the most part, all we have from you is your word that you've done
this research, written that code, contributed to such-and-such a
project, and are working on a revolutionary black-box solution to solve
all the world's spam problems; forgive me if I'm suspicious that it
seems a bit too good to be true, and prefer not to trust you to see any
part of my emails, even if it's just the sender/recipient
domains/addresses.

[...]

--
Regards,