[Linux-aus] Spam :: Linux Device

ac ac at main.me
Mon Apr 25 15:01:22 AEST 2016

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 10:33:42 +1000
Noel Butler <noel.butler at ausics.net> wrote:
> On 24/04/2016 19:52, Russell Coker wrote:
> > On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 05:09:50 PM ac wrote:
> >> I notice that this list and the LUV lists still have the odd spam
> >> getting through bayes, rbl's, etc.
> > The spam that went to this list only got through because there are
> > no SPF
> > checks on the list server.  The domain jamespurser.com.au has a SPF
> > record
<snip>

> SPF Checks should be enforced, I'm amazed they are not.

maybe you will maybe become less amazed when you spend a minute and
learn more about how it works?

Strict SPF enforcement is only as good as SPF records themselves

I would venture a guess that the rest of the spam to the AU lists are
stopped by the good work of moderators.

Which workload I offered to reduce.

> Secondly, ac's email itself reeks of spam.
> Every "appliance" vendor thinks their device (based on dnsbl and SA
> probably like the other ripp offs) will save the world, yet here we

glad you use the word "probably"  - the truth is that there is not a
single line of SA OSS code in my solution (or that of any dnsbl - it
is all original 100% and from scratch - it is also new tech - so
to call it an dnsbl - is simply so that you will understand roughly
what it is) , so probably was a good word choice :)

> are in 2016 with the same shitstorm of spam to deal with daily -
> thankfully, any half decent configured mail servers with a few
> DNSBL's and spamassassin will stop 99% of spam - always worked for
> me, privately, and commercially.

which is why i am doing what i am doing. You do not know this? (it
seems?) but sorbs and some other rbl's are literally at war with each
other. over 50 of gmail.com servers are in some rbl's and this has
caused many hassles the past two weeks. It does not help that yahoo is
being target attacked by criminals and that microsoft and google is
starting to control the email space (as in monopoly) - there are many
other problems

and the very rbl's that you now so strongly rely on,

you may wake up one morning and find out that they all do not work

and if you think now that there is a "shitstorm" switch off your rbls

for exactly 5 minutes - and see the result...

would it not be better for you to have your own data and be in total
control yourself?

I do not know you Noel, but I am somewhat the same as you, I can also be
a rude troll at times and i also have strong opinions about things. I
over react and I am emotional and passionate about things but I guess
you are also right there are so many people that repackage linux like
for example iptables firewalls or squid proxy devices, but Noel, good
for them! they are promoting selling Linux, instead of being negative
around their "devices" and calling them ripoff's - consider that Apple
uses BSD code - so does Microsoft - try to be more tolerant Noel, I
have written a lot of open source GPL licensed code (I think at last
count over  100 000 lines in total - without white space)

- which so many people are using and I am sure to have such strong
opinions you must have also written over 100 000 lines of open
source code and given it to the world.

Unlike you, did you write a lot of the code for SA? - I do not use SA,
so I do apologise if you feel so strongly about the re-distribution of
your GPL licensed code.

do not think that people are ripping off my code when they use it. I
gave it to the world - some of my code I have also licensed BSD, because I feel
that people should be able to take my code and even build closed products
ontop or with it.

Freedom Noel, freedom for people to do as they wish. - Is why I write
so much open source code, libraries, filters, converters, etc.

But I also need to earn a living, so I do also need to make money, I do
apologize if you think I am a spammer for asking on a Linux list for
anyone who may have ideas for me to work with me on Linux products in
Australia.  And If you think I am a spammer for offering that the list
server use one of my new devices, at no cost, my intention was not to
spam or to do much other than solve a problem and to find a partner.

If it is the general list consensus that I am spamming this list?

Please tell me so that I may adjust my behavior for Australia