[Linux-aus] Fwd: Re: Grant application

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Fri Oct 16 13:19:23 AEDT 2015

On Fri, 16 Oct 2015 10:32:57 AM Noel Butler wrote:
> -1
>
> 1: Request is highly excessive
> 2: Not an Australian or permanent resident of Australia (UK
> address/number)
> 3: Person already using other crowd sourcing funding organisations
> 4: Unless I missed something, it has little to no benefit really for our
> community.

I agree.  But even if those 4 criteria were met, there's the issue that I
don't think that Linux Australia should get into the "dunc tank" business that
went so badly for Debian.

https://lwn.net/Articles/201488/
http://www.computerworld.com.au/article/172729/dunc-tank_success_failure_/

The above URLs are a couple of the first results from a quick Google search
about dunc tank.  If you want more information then you can do more Googling.