[Linux-aus] Laptop advise

Michele Bert micbert75 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 22:39:00 AEDT 2015

> I think even if it's not your favourite option necessarily, the option of
> a Mac is the benchmark -- the one to beat

What about Linux though?
A colleague of mine bought a MacBook few months ago, planning to use linux
in a virtualbox hosted machine for most of the purpose, relying on the
native OSX only to run a couple of applications for which a valid replace
cannot be found yet. But he is very unsatisfied, since he complains the
performance he get under linux are not sufficient for any daily usage.
And installing linux on a new MacBook is not an advice I would give at all!

--
Mick