[Linux-aus] TED conference connect app

Ian ilox11 at gmail.com
Tue May 26 08:24:49 AEST 2015

Hi folks, firstly I didn't make the initial post, I agreed with
Russell that a conference app such as the TEDx was a great idea. I
also - with tongue in cheek - made other suggestions of geeky stuff
that could be used for an LCA. I didn't offer nor am I offering now to
do any more than that. I have no idea, other than printing a bar code
on the ID, how to do any of the other stuff.

I believe that amongst the members of LA there are people who do know
how to do the other bits. My reason for suggesting them,and a light
hearted dig attached, was to encourage others with the expertise to
jump into the thread and discuss from a knowledgeable POV if such
things can be done, are doable and would fit within the obvious
constraints of putting on an LCA.

None of my posts have been aimed at achieving anything other than to
encourage even challenge LA to become more technical than has been the
standard up until now. It's fine to quickly jump in and congratulate
me on my new role, it just isn't going to happen the way you may have
been thinking. Sorry if that disappointed you.

--
-- Ian