[Linux-aus] Minutes of Council Meeting 17 June 2015

Linux Australia Secretary secretary at linux.org.au
Tue Jul 14 22:35:27 AEST 2015

Good Evening everyone,

Please find below the minutes for the Linux Australia Council Meeting 
held on the 17th June 2015.

As always feedback and comments are warmly welcomed.

Kind Regards,

Sae Ra

*Meeting overview and key information*


Josh Hesketh, Sae Ra Germaine, Christopher Neugebauer, Craige McWhirter, 
Josh Stewart, James Iseppi


Tony Breeds

Meeting opened by Josh H at 1949hrs and quorum was achieved

MOTION that the previous minutes of 03 June are correct

Moved:  Josh H

Seconded: Chris

Passed Unanimously

*Log of correspondence*

*Motions moved on list*


*General correspondence*

  * GovHack 2015 as a subcommittee
      o MOTION by Josh H We accept GovHack as an LA Sub-Committee with
        the task of running GovHack at a national level with:
          + Geoff Mason - lead
          + Alysha Thomas
          + Pia Waugh - as the liaison to LA
          + Sharen Scott
          + Diana Ferry
          + Alex Sadleir
          + Richard Tubb
          + Jan Bryson
          + Keith Moss
            Under the Sub-committee policy v1 to allow the committee to
            run with autonomy and to use an external entity for
          + Seconded Chris
          + Passed Unanimously
      o The old Subcommittee policy will need to come into effect
  * Invoice from LESLIE POOLE - Reminder notice from Donna and Leslie
    have arrived.
      o Supporting the Drupal Accelerate fund
      o UPDATE: In Progress. Tony to process in Xero
  * Admin Team draft budget from STEVEN WALSH
      o UPDATE: To be discussed when Tony is available and Council
        Budget has been revised.
      o Also includes the requirement of a wildcard cert for *.linux.org.au
      o MOTION by Josh H accepts the expenditure of $150 per year on a
        wildcard SSL certificate on linux.org.au
      o Seconded: James Iseppi
      o Passed unanimously.
      o UPDATE: Awaiting for a more firm budget

*Review of action items from previous meetings*

  * Email from DONNA BENJAMIN regarding website and update to D8 or
    possible rebuild.
      o Discussion held about means of finding people willing to assist
        with both the maintenance of the website platform as well as the
        content available on this.
      o JOSH H to speak to Donna regarding this
      o UPDATE: Ongoing
      o UPDATE: to be moved to a general action item. To do a call for
        help to work on the website. Could this be treated as a project.
      o We need to at least get the website to D8 and automate the
        updating process.
      o ACTION: Josh to get a backup of the site to Craig
      o ACTION: Craige to stage the website to see how easy it is to update.
      o UPDATE: Craige to log in to  the website to elevate permissions.
  * ACTION with Josh Hesketh to ensure 3 year server support package in
      o Actions are in progress with Admin Team
      o UPDATE: A budget will be put forward by the admin team. An
        initial online hackfest has been conducted. Pending item.
      o UPDATE: Ongoing.

  * ACTION: Josh H and Tony to assess an appropriate amount to transfer
    funds back from NZ to Australia.
      o Update: In progress
      o Update: To be done on friday.

  * ACTION: Josh H to check with PyconAU to check their budgetary status.
      o UPDATE: Budget looks fine and trust the treasurer’s accounting
      o ACTION: JOSH to seek actuals in budget from PyconAU committee
      o UPDATE: Completed
      o Update: to be removed from agenda

  * ACTION WordCamp Brisbane - JOSH H to contact Brisbane members who
    may possibly be able to attend conference closing
      o ACTION: Sae Ra to send through notes on what to say to James.
      o UPDATE: James delivered a thank you message to WordCamp.
      o WordCamp was a successful event. Thank you to the organisers.
      o ACTION: Josh H to get a wrap up/closing report

  * Potential Sponsorship of GovHack.
      o More information is required on the types of sponsorship that LA
        can look at.
      o Clarify with GovHack. LA may not be able to sponsor a prize as
        you would also need to
      o UPDATE: Criteria would need to be developed. LA would be able to
        provide their own judge. Josh S to come with some wording and
        criteria motion to be held on list.
      o Value of the prize also to be discussed after budget has been
        analysed by Josh H and Tony B.

  * ACTION: Josh H to follow-up on Invoices from WordCamp Sydney

*Items for discussion*

  * LCA2016 update
      o CFP has opened and going very well.
  * LCA2017 update
      o Nothing to report
  * PyCon AU update
      o Registrations opened. Early birds are looking to sell out very
      o Sponsorship is looking good
      o ACTION: Sae Ra to approve payment
  * Drupal South
      o ACTION: Follow-up on DrupalSouth 2016 enquiry. will need to
        setup a sub-committee
      o UPDATE: To work out the sub-committee details with organisers.
  * WordCamp Brisbane
      o Seeking a closure report
  * OSDConf
      o ACTION: Josh H to follow-up on budget status

*Items for noting*
Nil items for noting

*Other business*

  * Backlog of minutes
      o ACTION: Josh H to help Sae Ra with updating the website and
        mailing list.
      o UPDATE: Ongoing.
      o UPDATE: Completed.
      o MOTION by Josh H Minutes to be published to planet.linux.org.au
          + Seconded: Craige
          + Passed unanimously
  * Bank account balances need rebalancing
      o ACTION: Tony to organise transfers to occur including NZ account.
      o Appropriate treasurers to be notified.
      o UPDATE: to be discussed on friday
  * Membership of auDA
      o Relationship already exists.
      o LA has the potential to influence the decisions that are made.
      o ACTION: Council to investigate and look into this further. To be
        discussed at next fortnight.
  * ZooKeepr
      o David would like to keep working on ZooKeepr.
      o We will need to find a solution that does not block volunteers
        from helping work on ZooKeepr.
      o ACTION: James to look at ZooKeepr
      o ACTION: Josh S to catch up with David Bell regarding the
  * Grant Request from Kathy Reid for Renai LeMay’s Frustrated State
      o MOTION by Josh H given the timing the council has missed the
        opportunity to be involved in the Kickstarter campaign. The
        council believes this project is still of interest to its
        members and will reach out to Renai on what might be helpful in
        an in kind, financial or other way. Therefore the grant request
        is no longer current and to be closed.
          + Seconded Sae Ra Germaine
          + Passed unanimously
      o ACTION: Josh S to contact Renai

*In camera**
2 Items were discussed in camera

2041PM close.


Sae Ra Germaine
Linux Australia

secretary at linux.org.au

Linux Australia Inc
GPO Box 4788
Sydney NSW 2001

ABN 56 987 117 479

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.linux.org.au/pipermail/linux-aus/attachments/20150714/b6bec482/attachment.html>

More information about the linux-aus mailing list