[Linux-aus] Let's Encrypt (was Minutes of Council Meeting 17 June 2015)

Michael Cordover la at mjec.net
Wed Jul 15 10:05:12 AEST 2015

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015, at 22:35, Linux Australia Secretary wrote:
> * Admin Team draft budget from STEVEN WALSH
>   * UPDATE: To be discussed when Tony is available and Council
          Budget has been revised.
>   * Also includes the requirement of a wildcard cert for
          *.linux.org.au
>   * MOTION by Josh H accepts the expenditure of $150 per year on
          a wildcard SSL certificate on linux.org.au
>   * Seconded: James Iseppi
>   * Passed unanimously.

Any thoughts on migrating to Let's Encrypt[0] when it comes online late
this year? Obviously we'll want to see how it goes in the wild before
leaping to it, but might this be the last year we spend money on SSL
certificates?

I'm also curious if anyone on list has any in-principle objection to
Let's Encrypt, or if it really is the SSL panacea I'm hoping it is.

 - mjec

 [0]: https://letsencrypt.org/