[Linux-aus] Retiring as Vice President

Hugh Blemings hugh at blemings.org
Tue Nov 25 15:52:02 EST 2014

Hi,

I've greatly enjoyed my time as Vice President of the Linux Australia
Council over the last two years.

The Linux/Free Software Community here in Australia is a wonderful
collection of folk to be a part of and I'm pleased to have been able to
serve same in some modest way.

I've also felt particularly privileged to work alongside such excellent
people in the Linux Australia Council, current and former members alike.

After much reflection I have decided not to "re-run" for the Vice
Presidents position in 2015.

I think it is more appropriate to leave this particular chair vacant for
someone who aspires to be President at some point in the future - this
not an aspiration of mine.

This decision nothing more than a reflection on changing personal
priorities [1] - I remain firmly of the view that Linux Australia and
the community it supports does excellent work.

Please consider nominating for Council - a number of Council members are
not re-nominating for 2015.  It's an interesting and rewarding gig, not
without the odd trying moment, but these far far outweighed by the
positives :)

As an aside, I may still seek nomination to the Council as a regular
Council Member, yet to make a final decision on this.

In closing I thank the Linux Australia community and the outgoing
council for their support and friendship and wish the incoming Council
the very best in their endeavours.

Kind Regards,
Hugh
Vice President, Linux Australia

[1] One such priority, if you're curious, is playing keyboards in a
couple of local bands which has brought me a great deal of enjoyment :)
http://kevinwindrossband.com  http://pivotalpointband.com