[Linux-aus] Declaration of Council Election and call for Nominations

Francois Marier francois at fmarier.org
Tue Nov 25 09:08:35 EST 2014

On 2014-11-24 at 20:39:02, Linux Australia Secretary wrote:
> *Why should I nominate?*
>
> Being a member of Linux Australia Council is a fun way to meet new
> people, work on exciting projects and expand your skill base. It gives
> you excellent transferable skills to help build your career, and allows
> you to grow your professional network. It looks great on a CV, and is
> also a chance to give back to the vibrant Linux and open source
> ecosystem in Australia and globally. If you're passionate about Linux
> and open source, it's a great opportunity to help drive and steer
> Australia's contribution in this field.

In particular, I would encourage members to think about nominating
themselves or someone else for the position of treasurer as I will not be
running again this year.

If you have questions about the role, feel free to reach out to me.

Francois

--
Francois Marier           identi.ca/fmarier
http://fmarier.org      twitter.com/fmarier