[Linux-aus] Grant request: Contribution to Senate voting source code FOI request review.

Chris Neugebauer chrisjrn at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 07:30:31 EST 2014

On 11 July 2014 09:33, Michael Cordover <la at mjec.net> wrote:
> On 11 July 2014 00:15, Andrew Donnellan <ajdlinux at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'm not sure the AEC knew quite what they were getting themselves into...
>
> I'd be surprised if they did - I certainly had no idea of quite how big this
> would get!
>
>> Will be interesting to see what their response is to the Senate order -
>> I'll be very surprised if they don't try to claim public interest immunity.
>
>  Agreed. There's a long history of refusing to table documents on the
> grounds that they are commercial-in-confidence and I don't see the AEC
> suddenly rolling over on that claim.

Unsurprisingly, the AEC refused to comply with the Senate order:

http://lee-rhiannon.greensmps.org.au/sites/default/files/ronaldson_response.pdf

"...I am advised that publication of the software could leave the
voting system open to hacking or manipulation..."

Eeeew.

--Chris

--
--Christopher Neugebauer